So, school’s been out for over a week, and you’re officially out of ideas. The kids are bored, and as the parent, you find yourself counting down the days until school starts again. The Fall Festival doesn’t kick off for another 81 days, so you can’t wear them out on our giant slides, but our retail market does offer some low-key fun when you need a change of scenery. Here’s how to entertain the kiddos for a couple hours with a (mostly free) visit to the Corner Market:
- Feed the goats: For $1, you can purchase a cup of goat food to feed the “kids” through the fence, or you can try your luck with clover for free. Remember to say hello to Chewie the llama and check out his new haircut!
- Play on the train and boat! These wooden play structures are always a big hit our younger visitors.
- Rock the porch swing: Hidden in the shade around the side of our market barn, you’ll find an old porch swing… the perfect place to relax after all that playing!
- Have a picnic! You’re welcome to bring snacks or a picnic lunch to enjoy at one of the picnic tables around the market.
- *Insiders Only* Pick flowers! While they last, you can cut your own flowers from our flower beds and create your own beautiful arrangement. Just stop by the cashier to pick up the scissors, and we’ll show you the way! (Pricing for Pick-Your-Own bouquets is the same as our cut-flower arrangements.)
6. Find the cat: “Black & White” is our tuxedo cat-in-residence at the Corner Market. She spends most of her day lounging around in the shade. You can get some practice searching with our weekly Facebook #findcatfriday photo
7. Cool off: Take a refreshing walk through the cool mist near the barn.
8. Shuck it: Pick up some fresh Virginia sweet corn on your way out, and then get the kids to help shuck it before dinner!
The Corner Market is open from 10-7 during the week and 9-7 Saturday and Sunday. For more info on Summer at the Corner Market, visit our website.